The votes have been cast and counted and next week we will begin the run-down of the Top 10 Americana Albums of the 21st Century as chosen by our writers. Number 10 will be revealed on Monday and then we will count down each day in reverse order until we reach our Number One ten days later.
The albums were chosen from a shortlist of twenty drawn up from the most popular choices of our writers’ individual lists. Here are the albums from that shortlist that didn’t make the final Top 10. Nevertheless, they are still all brilliant albums – hell, let’s make it a Top 20.
11. Mary Gauthier – Mercy Now
12. Bon Iver – For Emma, Forever Ago
13. Robert Plant & Alison Krauss – Raising Sand
14. Drive-By Truckers – Decoration Day
15. Shelby Lynne & Allison Moorer – Not Dark Yet
16. Levon Helm – Electric Dirt
17. Songs: Ohia – The Magnolia Electric Co.
18. Felice Brothers – Tonight at the Arizona
19. Lucinda Williams – Essence
20. John Murry – The Graceless Age
>>> Please help to support the running costs of Americana UK, run by a dedicated team in our spare time, by donating £2 a month to us – we’ll send you an exclusive 20 track curated playlist every month plus the opportunity to win our monthly giveaway.
Click here for more information.